As BET’s Director of Sales, I’m happy to report a successful 2017-18 financial year with 256 new bids being sourced and Tasmania winning a total of 126 conferences, with an estimated 25,187 delegates and economic worth of $52.7M.
From myself and the team, I thank all the members who supported us as we hosted 44 site inspections and two famil groups into Tasmania. Member involvement plays such an important part in showing clients and potential clients what Tasmania has to offer and these personalised experiences really help the broader Tasmanian bid.
We again saw benefit from our participation in-market at multiple tradeshows, in-market appointments and conferences during the year.
Laura Curtain has recently joined the sales team in the role of Sales & Marketing Coordinator and Taryn Reid’s Sales & Marketing Coordinator role has expanded to include involvement in site inspections and bid preparation. Laura and Taryn join the existing sales team of Alicia Perry – Business Development Manager (BDM), Leah Muir – BDM, Krystal James – BDM Tasmanian Ambassador Program, Iola Mauderer Research Coordinator and myself as the Director of Sales.
Significant bid wins for the 2017-18 financial year include:
• Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) Annual Scientific Meeting, September 2020 – 850 pax
• Early Childhood Australia National Conference, September 2019 – 1000 pax
• Australian Medical Students’ Association National Convention 2019, July – 1000 pax
• Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists Annual Congress, May 2020 – 1200 pax
We also had a number of important TAP wins, including:
• Interferry Annual Conference, October 2020 – 350 pax
• World Seabird Conference, October 2020 – 500 pax
• Polar Law Symposium 2019, November 2019 – 100 pax
We look forward to working with you again this year and thank you for your continued support.